Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why I'm not a photographer, the sequel.

Would you like to see the mask I made for Mommy Fortuna? Of course you would. Sorry the photos came out so blurry! The mask is actually a lot more purple than in these pictures. The idea I'm playing with currently is that each of the three older magic users in the play will go masked- Mommy Fortuna's dominant mask color would be a deep purple, Mabruk's mask would be a deep green, and Nikos's mask (due to connection with Schmendrick) would be some kind of blue. We'll see how that develops. We had auditions this past weekend, and the downside of building a mask before you cast a show is that the actress you find might not necessarily be able to wear it. Well, if that's the case, I'll just make a new one- and I'll have a pretty cool extra witch mask. In the meantime, enjoy the photos!
































Also...tickets go on sale for "The Last Unicorn" tomorrow! I know the show's not till October, but I wanted people who might want to plan to travel to see the show- especially when Peter S. Beagle's there opening weekend on 10/17 and 10/18- to be able to plan way in advance. Speaking of which- those two performances are likely to fill up pretty fast. If you're planning on seeing Peter at the show you ought to get tickets to those performances soon.

1 comment:

Cinderella at Midnight said...

I wish I could see it. I'm Bienve, from the Peter S. Beagle Fan Blog (see: htpp://petersbeaglefanblog.blogspot.com). I love every single word Mr. Beagle has writen (and is still writing) and to see this spectacle must be incredible!

I hope, one day, there will be more translations from Beagle's literature into Spanish. 'Till now, we can be glad to have The Last Unicorn and A fine and a private place in our language.

Enjoy the spectacle and post many many pictures, please!!!

Kind regards from Spain,
Bienve P.